Browse by category
The 18th Annual Cinco de Mayo Phoenix Festival has moved to 200 EVB and this year’s two-day celeberation commemorating Mexico’s historic victory over the French Army in the 1826 Battle of Puebla promises to be one of the best ever.
Co-sponsored by 12 News and LA VOZ, the April 30 & May 1 festival will take place on Van Buren between Central Avenue and 3rd Street to include:
* Headlining multi-platinum recording artists The Ohio Players
* Phoenix favorite Little Joe & Familia
* Hispanic Boxing Tournament, with 30-40 bouts to take place each day
* 10 live local bands
*$30,000 scholarship giveaway, courtesy of Carl’s Jr. restaurants
* Quetzali Ballet Foklorico
* Great food and family fun all weekend long
The Cinco de Mayo Festival opens Saturday, April 30 at 2 p.m. and runs until Midnight, then continues on Sunday, May, from Noon to 10 p.m. Admission is $5 with children 5-under entering free.