Browse by category
The University of Arizona Black Alumni Maricopa County (UABAMC), Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health invite the community to attend its Healthy Lifestyles Fair Saturday December 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, 1401 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix.
The fair, which is the third community-oriented gathering in the UABAMC’s Black in Arizona series, is an excellent opportunity for residents to learn more about health issues and how we can equip ourselves with the knowledge to take better care of our mind, body and spirit. The Health Fair is FREE to the public.
Attendees can receive cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and free dental screenings (for kids). Mini physicals will be given to anyone that donates blood to United Blood Services. In addition, there will be a Q&A session for women looking to become pregnant in the near future with the OB/GYN department of St. Joseph’s Hospital, FREE spinal evaluations by American Family Chiropractic and FREE healthy cooking demonstrations by the Spa.
The Maricopa County Nurse Family Partnership will serve as one of the featured vendors during the Healthy Lifestyles Fair. The Maricopa County Nurse Family Partnership is a new pilot program that is seeking 200 low-income women who are pregnant with their first child at a 28-week or less gestational period. The program will provide in-home services from a registered nurse during the entire pregnancy and up until the child is two years of age. The program is only available for women in South Phoenix and Maryvale living in designated ZIP codes.
Additional participating vendors include:
• Donor Network of AZ
• March of Dimes
• Good Neighbor Support Services
• United Blood Services
• Terros, Inc (HIV Prevention)
• Divine Health Solutions
• Women’s Health Coalitions of AZ (will be conducting Health Kids Outreach w/several other vendors indicated by the asterisks**)
• Southwest Behavioral Health**
• Tanner Development Tobacco Education**
• Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services**
• Magellan Behavioral Health **
• Phoenix Health Plan **
• Estrella Community College**
• S. Phoenix Healthy Start
• Magellan Health Services
• Care for Kids of AZ (which will be conducting free dental exams for the kids)
• St. Josephs Hospital – OB/GYN Services
• American Family Chiropractic
• AHCCCS Health Plan (Care 1st Health Plan)
For more information about the Health Fair, please contact Apryl Neal at 602.614.5094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.