A full day of outdoor holiday programming in a walkable urban neighborhood
Winter Wanderland is coming to downtown Saturday, Dec. 10
On Saturday, Dec. 10, Downtown Phoenix will be transformed into the second annual “Winter Wanderland,” a full day of free progressive holiday performances, over-the-top holiday lights and décor, delicious food, drinks and merriment. Featuring outdoor performances – Winter Wanderland is a family-friendly celebration of downtown’s rich performing arts, history and culture.
DTPHX Winter Wanderland 2022:
Heritage Square: 11 am – 11:30 am
- Jam out with holiday classics from The Kings of Soul.
- Giveaways and hot cocoa will be available.
Arizona Center: 11:40 am – 12:10 pm
- Watch Ice sculpture artist William Pressey create a snowflake out of a large block of ice — with a chainsaw.
- Children’s activities include crafting snowflakes to take home and ornaments will be given away.
- This location will have a visit from Santa!
Sheraton Downtown Phoenix Hotel: 12:20 pm – 12:50 pm
- Decorate cookies, sip on apple cider and meet Buddy the Elf as the hit movie “Elf” plays on the big screen. Also, enjoy an elevated hot chocolate bar.
Herberger Theatre Center: 1 pm – 1:30 pm
- Watch a tribute performance to Frances Smith Cohen’s, The Snow Queen performed by former dancers of Center Dance Ensemble.
Phoenix Convention Center: 1:40 pm – 2:10 pm
- The King’s Carolers, Christmas caroler quartet.
201 E. Washington: 2:20 pm – 2:50 pm
- A live performance from Aeroterra Arts including double silks, trapeze, and a partner acrobalance aerial art show.
CityScape Phoenix: 3 pm – 3:30 pm
- CitySkate Spectacular: ice skating performance by Santa and Mrs. Claus presented by the Arizona Lottery.
Renaissance Square: 3:40 pm – 4:10 pm
- Urban Electra: all-female electric string quartet.
Renaissance Phoenix Hotel: 4:20 pm – 4:50 pm
- Live chef demo inside the lobby with a holiday snack.
- Cuddle with puppies from the Arizona Humane Society.
“Welcome to Phoenix” Mural | 125 E. Adams Street: 5 pm – 5:30 pm
- Live painting of a 109-foot mural by Kayla Newnam with a performance by Fushicho Daiko Taiko Drummers.
Kettle Black + The Desmond: 5:40 pm – 6:10 pm
- Folky classic rock holiday music by musician, Harly Davidson.
Footprint Center: 6:20 pm – 6:50 pm
- The Cesar Chavez Drumline.
Schedule subject to change.
Catch six or more performances — get a free commemorative prize (while supplies last)
When you attend a performance, be sure to get a sticker for your Wanderland Playbill — available at all participating locations from a Downtown Phoenix Ambassador. Fill your Playbill with six or more stickers for a chance to win a free commemorative DTPHX ornament. Available while supplies last.