Browse by category
Cupid rides light rail and here are five Valentine’s Day date ideas approved by the god of desire and affection:
1. Science and Sangria. For a family friendly Valentine’s Day adventure, how about taking the kids to Arizona Science Center for Gunther von Hagens’ Body World and the Brain exhibit or the special Sweet Heart Day in conjunction with the American Heart Association? Either way you can learn more about the vital organ that always plays a starring role on Feb. 14. After you’re fully educated, head over to Matador Mexican Restaurant to fill up on the best Sonoran desert food Downtown, featuring V-Day-inspired strawberry daiquris and margaritas and special strawberry deep-fried ice cream.
2. Love Is In the Air. The Hyatt Regency Phoenix’s Compass Arizona Grill, Downtown’s only revolving rooftop restaurant, is offering a special three-course menu Feb. 12-14, with Beef Medallions, Malt Marinated Roasted Chicken, Farm Vegetable Lasagna, and Blue Crab Oscar among the entrees. Enjoy Shrimp and Pepper Tuna Ceviche appetizer, chocolate desserts, and the most inspiring Valley views for only $79/couple. And if things go extremely well, ask about their special room rates (wink!!). Call 602.252.1234 for more information.
3. Old World Romance at Hotel San Carlos. Enjoy dinner, cocktails, and dessert for two, then swing dance your night away at Ghost Lounge with the Savoy Hop Cats. This uber-popular duo attracts hundreds to their weekly swing classes and the Ghost Lounge dance floor figures to be packed Valentine’s Night. Couples can eat and dance for $70 and singles are encouraged to dance for just $15.
4. Lobster Lettuce Cups, Downtown’s Tasty Aphrodisiac. For just $69, couples can dig into this lovers’ feast at 1130 The Restaurant: Lobster Lettuce Cups or Spinach Artichoke Dip, choice of entree (New York Strip Steak, Mediterranean Seafood Pasta, Smothered Chicken Breast), two chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert, plus a bottle of champagne (or $10 off a bottle of wine).
5. He Who Makes Spares Never Strikes Out. If you don’t think bowling is romantic you haven’t been to Lucky Strike Lanes at CityScape. Equal parts sports bar, swanky lounge, danceteria and bowling alley, Lucky Strike offers a little bit of everything, including good old-fashioned competition to jumpstart your hormones. Call 602.732.5490 for more information or to make a lane reservation.
Love the one you’re with and have a happy and safe Valentine’s Day!