Browse by category
The Downtown Phoenix Partnership, a non-profit organization that services the business improvement district in Downtown Phoenix (Jackson North to Fillmore; 3rd Avenue East to 7th Street) seeks to commission a local artist to create the cover artwork for its upcoming Dining Guide.
The annual Dining Guide has a press run of 16-50,000 and is distributed across the Downtown area and through other promotional venues.
The magazine-sized cover should capture the spirit of the Downtown Phoenix dining scene while paying tribute to the urban core landscape.
It is essential that the artist have a strong connection to the Downtown Phoenix area.
For more information about the Downtown Phoenix Partnership, visit http://www.downtownphoenix.com/
– Once commissioned, artist will be required to complete the job to satisfaction by April 27, 2012.
– All two-dimensional media will be considered, however, the final product must be able to be used in a graphic design program (high quality photographs and scanned images are acceptable).
– The cover will be square, 8 x 8 inches and printed on gloss paper.
– Submissions from outside the greater Phoenix area will not be considered.
– One-time payment of $1000.
– The Downtown Phoenix Partnership will retain all usage rights and may re-use the image for other promotional purposes.
– All applicants of high school age and older will be considered.
Requirements for Submission:
– Submit a maximum of 5 different pieces and no more than 7 photos in .jpg or .pdf format. Maximum dimension of 1000 pixels in either direction.
– An image list with title, year of creation, dimensions and medium in .pdf or word .doc file format.
– Artist resume with relevant experience in either .pdf or word .doc file format. Be sure to list contact information, including a phone number and email address.
– A 350-word proposal detailing your plans for the cover artwork in either .pdf or word .doc format.
Deadline for application: EXTENDED to April 6, 2012 at 5pm local time
How to apply: Submit all required materials via email to email@example.com