Browse by category
From the opening night of the Symphony to the Mercury in the playoffs and comedians and concerts all lined up – this weekend is packed full of fun.
But with events and construction-related activities comes road restrictions – and there are quite a few this weekend – so we want to help you get to your destination with a minimum of headaches.
The best tips? Give yourself extra time, take Light Rail, call the Ambassadors at 602-495-1500 or look for a uniformed police officer.
Read below for details and recommendations for suggested routes:
THURSDAY, SEPT. 19
– 1st Street will be restricted between Washington and Moreland from 7pm – 5am for pavement cracksealing operations. Crews will be working block-by-block, and will lift barricades as the pavement dries.
Helpful Tip: Look for uniformed officers to help provide direction.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 20
– Jefferson St. will be closed between Central and 1st St. from 9am Friday through 5:30am Monday to dismantle and remove a crane.
Helpful Tip: Head south on 1st Ave to Lincoln, or north on Central to Van Buren to continue eastbound travel.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 21 (all times are from 5am – 5pm unless otherwise indicated)
– 1st Street – Northbound lane will be closed from 5am – 6pm between Washington and Moreland for asphalt paving operations. Southbound travel will remain open.
– 3rd Street – closed between Washington and Jefferson from 5am – 4pm for manhole adjustments.
– 2nd Street – closed between Washington and Jefferson for street repair work.
– 5th Street – closed between Van Buren and Fillmore from 7am – noon for the 33rd Annual Firefighter Challenge. Access to parking will be maintained
– Adams Street – closed between Central and 1st avenues from 5am – 4pm for street repair work. (Closure is scheduled Sunday as well)
– Washington Street – restricted to 1 lane between 3rd St. and 7th Ave. for street repair work. Access will be maintained to the CityScape garages. Drivers may turn right on to Central and 3rd Ave., as well as left on to 1st Ave.
– Jefferson Street – restricted to 1 lane between 1st and 3rd streets for repair work.
– Jackson Street – closed between 1st and 2nd streets from 12pm – midnight for the GlowBash 5k.
Helpful Tip: Use Lincoln and Van Buren to travel east/west, 1st Ave. to travel south, and 3rd Ave. to travel north.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 21
– Adams Street – closed between Central and 1st avenues from 5am – 4pm for street repair work. (Closure is scheduled Saturday as well)
– 1st Street – Southbound lane will be closed from 5am – 6pm between Washington and Moreland for asphalt paving operations. Northbound travel will remain open.
Helpful Tip: Use Central, 5th or 7th streets to travel north, and 1st Ave to travel south.
Whether you are coming Downtown to work, to cheer on the Mercury or for a night out, remember Downtown businesses are open and accessible. Buses and light rail will operate a regular schedule.