Formed in 2013, Downtown Phoenix Inc. (DPI) coordinates activities between the Downtown Phoenix Partnership (DPP) and Phoenix Community Alliance (PCA). Each nonprofit has a unique board and directors with a unifying goal: to making Phoenix a vibrant urban destination and one of the nation’s great cities.
Downtown Phoenix (DPI) recently welcomed seven new board members and four officer changes across its affiliates.
“Every new board director brings a slightly different and always valuable perspective to the workings of our respective affiliates. Their great advice, expertise, experience and commitment to serve helps our staff and stakeholders make downtown a stronger, more vibrant and inclusive urban destination,” said Devney Preuss, President and CEO of Downtown Phoenix Inc.
New perspectives and ideas through the addition of new leadership are always welcome at DPI and its affiliates — Phoenix Community Alliance and the Downtown Phoenix Partnership. These new appointments represent a step forward in the continuing evolution of our organization.
- Daniel Froetscher, president and COO of APS, is new to the board
- Heather Kane, CEO of UnitedHealthcare of Arizona and New Mexico, is also new to the board and now serves as treasurer
- Ruben Alonzo, executive director of government and community engagement at ASU, now serves as vice chair
- Kyle Foxcroft, financial analyst at Tuft & Needle, now serves as assistant treasurer
- Dr. Larry Johnson, president of Phoenix College, is new to the board
- Mike Ehmann, hotel manager at Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, now serves as treasurer
- Jeffrey Barton, deputy city manager for the City of Phoenix, is new to the board
- Stacy Derstine, vice president of public affairs at APS, is new to the board
- Dave Krietor, executive director of the Phoenix Biomedical Campus, previously served on the board, and has returned as a director
- Suzanne Wilson, president and CEO at Phoenix Symphony, is new to the board