Browse by category
On Tuesday, Governor Doug Ducey announced an additional $2 million in state funding to help local restaurants expand outdoor dining, protect patrons and staff, and limit the spread of COVID-19.
Business owners may apply for up to $10,000 in funds to use toward outdoor furniture, barriers, patio heaters, patio covers and more. Learn about the program HERE.
First, you need to get a temporary outdoor patio permit through the City of Phoenix. Right now, the City is issuing “Emergency Declaration Outdoor Dining Administrative Temporary Use Permits” (ATUP) at no fee.
Are you a downtown business with temporary patio questions? Email Sara Scoville-Weaver with Downtown Phoenix Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-744-6408.
Follow the process below and reference the city’s main information page HERE.
3. a.) A simple sketch (doesn’t need to be fancy – hand-drawn is fine) showing how many tables and chairs you intend to have outside and where you fence will be.
3. b.) Make sure you include the business name and address on the plan.
3. c.) Write your total proposed occupancy on the plan. For example, “20 people.” Remember to adhere to COVID-19 distancing rules.
3. d.) Write what type of fencing you are using and describe it. For example, “white, plastic temporary fencing panels measuring 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall.” Check out approved temporary fencing options.
3. e.) Bust out the measuring tape. You need to include dimensions on the site plan sketch showing the width and length of your patio. Remember, pedestrians still need to get by on the sidewalk if you are putting the patio in front of your business. Make sure you leave at least 4 feet of space between the curb and your intended patio fence so people can still walk by.
3. f.) Use Google Maps to create a quick aerial view of your business. Use Word or Paint to draw a box on the sidewalk or area on the ground where you plan to have tables and chairs.
You can still create additional dining with just tables and chairs that you bring inside every evening after closing.